It’s the end of the year so I thought I would go through the games I played this year and note down my thoughts about them.
- Life is Strange (PS4) - Thoughtful and different, but the ending felt off to me. Highly recommended though.
- Tales from the Borderlands (PS4) - Awesome game for Borderlands fans, best end boss battle ever
- Until Dawn (PS4) - Excellent. Needs a way of saving multiple replay states though
- Broken Age: Act 2 (OSX) - Been waiting so long for this that my saves corrupted and had to start again. Still working my way thought it.
- Lara Croft Go (iOS) - Great pick up and play for 5 minutes… or an hour…
- The Room 3 (iOS) - I hadn’t played the first two, though I might have to now.
- Does not Commute (iOS) - Another good pickup and play puzzle game with a great premise and sense of humor. Gets really hard though.
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - Creepy. Interesting puzzle mechanic.
- Lego Jurassic World (PS4) - First Lego game I’ve enjoyed. Playing through the movie plots CO-OP was fun.
- Soma (PS4) - Creepy as hell. Haven’t finished it though.
- Infamous: First Light (PS3) - I didn’t play the original game, but quite enjoyed this one.
- Lara Croft: Relic Run (iOS) - An ‘endless runner’ type game like Temple Run and its ilk, but with objectives rather than actual endless running. Nice distraction for a few minutes at a time. I’ve been able to ignore the IAP so far, as soon as it becomes unavoidable I’ll drop it.
- The Order: 1886 (PS4) - Mediocre FPS. Potential to have an interesting story but tried to do too many things and did them poorly.
- Splatoon (Wii-U) - Great game but lack of maps and game modes and uninteresting single-player.
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4) - Another Batman game, yawn. Batmobile mechanics were weak compared to the core Arkham game. Side missions were mostly tedious. Completed main “quest” which wasn’t that interesting. Actually finishing the game proper requires completing all the side-quests which I just don’t care. Batgirl DLC was also pretty weak.
- Star Wars Battlefront (PS4) - It kept my attention for a weekend. Grinding multi-player to unlock content is not my idea of a good time.